IDPA & Steel Challenge Range
IDPA = International Defensive Pistol Association. It is the use of practical equipment to solve simulated “real world” self-defense scenarios.
When: 2013: 4/27, 5/18, 6/15, 7/14, 8/17, 9/21, 10/26, 11/9.
- New Shooter Orientation at 11:45am
- Sign in at 11:30am (all shooters)
- Safety & walk through course
- Match begins at 12pm through approximately 4pm
Teardown help appreciated!
- Stock pistol or revolver 9mm or larger, open sights
- 150 rounds (usually shoot 100 in a match)
- Three magazines or speed loaders
- Holster & concealment vest or jacket
- Eye & ear protection
- 6 stages, course of three pits, 2 stages in each
- Scoring is based on time and accuracy
- Contact Berkshire.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Outdoor Pistol Range is open to members (who have had an orientation) & their guests 9am – dusk M-F, range fee $3 member/$6 non unless an event is scheduled. Paper targets only.
Steel Challenge is here at LSA! 2013: 4/20, 5/11, 6/8, 7/13, 8/10, 9/14, 10/12, 11/2. It is .22 friendly; pistols or revolvers (any caliber except .357 or 44mag). There are 3 bays, 5 targets are set up based on official steel challenge designs. You shoot each bay 5 consecutive strings (timed) and run through all three bays twice for 150 rounds. Cost $15.00. Cold range rules apply just as in IDPA. Firearms can be in a holster or case between bays. New shooter orientation and sign in times are exactly as in IDPA, listed above. Here is a steel challenge video to view. Come and have some fun!