Hunter Education at LSA
Massachusetts Hunter Education Program Mission: to protect the lives and safety of the public, promote the wise management and ethical use of our wildlife resource, and encourage a greater appreciation of the environment through education.
- -This is funded by the sale of hunting & sporting licenses, and by federal excise taxes on firearms & archery equipment.
- -Hunter’s Ed was 1st offered in MASS in 1954. It is required to get a MASS hunting license.
- – If under 18 yrs of age, a parent/guardian written permission is required to take the course
- – This class is taught by Volunteer Certified Instructors. Candidates must attend ALL Dates of course held at the LSA Clubhouse. There is a blended learning portion of this course on line that must be completed to pass the course.
- – Sign up is through the MASS Wildlife web site, click here or call (978) 772-0693